Too many Christians today walk around buffeted by uncontrollable impulses, drowning in guilt and totally defeated. They pray, commit, surrender, read the Word, say all the right words, and still can't seem to live a victorious life. If that sounds familiar, then you might find some answers here.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Blood of Jesus, continued

Consuming the Blood of Animals Forbidden

Deu 12:23 Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood is the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh. Consuming the blood of the sacrifice (or any blood) was strictly forbidden
Deu 12:24 Thou shalt not eat it; thou shalt pour it upon the earth as water. The blood was to be pour out onto the earth

Symbolic Consuming of Blood
Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Mat 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

Luk 22:20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

Joh 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. No spiritual life, new birth, without "drinking" - accepting the full sacrifice

Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. No resurrection without "drinking"

Joh 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. Jesus flesh and blood is ALL we need for sustenance spiritually

Joh 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

This had to have been a revolting thought to his Jewish disciples who had been raised to NEVER consume blood! But the symbolism of it places the consumer in a position of taking part of the death and resurrection... only a follower who was truly devoted would consume (even symbolically) the Blood.

No comments: